Code for Good Virtual Hackathon
Code for Good virtual hackathon gives you the chance to put your coding skills towards doing good for nonprofit organizations. It’s also a great opportunity to see whether a career in financial services technology is for you.
Over the course of 24 hours (Friday – Saturday), you and your team will develop a technology solution for a leading nonprofit organization. You’ll get to work side by side with our expert JPMorgan technologists, learning from their experience as you creatively solve real world problems faced by social organizations. You are encouraged to come up with cutting-edge ideas that could make a difference to the people who need it most.
In addition to networking with other aspiring software engineers from around the world, Code for Good is also a chance to meet our recruiting teams and experience what it’s like to work as a software engineer at JPMorgan.
Top participants in our Code for Good virtual hackathon may be offered a position in our 2021 Software Engineer Program.
Code for Good Date:
Friday 16th October – Saturday 17th October 2020
Please note: there will be a pre-event welcome on Thursday 15th October 2020, this will allow you to meet your teams and participate in exciting workshops which will prepare you for the next 24 hours. This is not mandatory, however, we would encourage you to participate.
*On your application form, please select the JPMorgan location that you are most interested in learning about. Successful applicants will be invited to attend the virtual hackathon with technologists and recruiters best matched to your work location preference.
The Code for Good virtual hackathon is open to individuals who:
- Are highly motivated and enjoy working in teams to come up with innovative solutions
- Have exceptional interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attend university with an expected graduation date 2021, 2022 or 2023
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or STEM degrees are preferred
About the process:
To be considered for Code for Good, you must complete the following steps:
- Please read the before you start this application.
- By 5th October, 2020 – Click ‘Register’ and submit your application for the Code for Good virtual Hackathon.
- By 5th October, 2020 – Click to submit your application for the Software Engineer Program to be considered for a 2021 Internship or Full-Time position.
- By 5th October, 2020 – Complete Pymetrics (details below)
- By 5th October, 2020 – Complete CodeVue (details below)
* Note that you MUST apply to BOTH the Code for Good virtual hackathon AND the Software Engineer Program (application in Oracle Cloud- links above) to be considered for the event.
Please ensure your candidate profile and all attachments are complete before submitting your application, as you will not be able to add attachments after you submit your application.
Help us learn about you by submitting a complete and thoughtful application, which includes your CV. Your application and CV are a way for us to initially get to know you, so it’s important to complete all relevant application questions so we have as much information about you as possible.
After you confirm your application, we will review it to determine whether you meet certain required qualifications.
If you advance to the next step of the process, you’ll receive an email invitation to complete a series of 12 games through the Pymetrics platform. Pymetrics will allow you to showcase your potential beyond what you tell us in your CV and application form. It’s an additional data point that helps us gain a better understanding of who you are as an individual. It should take no longer than 25-35 minutes to complete. If you have already completed the Pymetrics games, you will have the opportunity to submit your gameplay results for this specific application without having to replay the games.
Following completion of Pymetrics, you’ll receive another email invitation to complete a code challenge, powered by CodeVue. This is your opportunity to further bring your CV to life and showcase your coding experience and skills.
Both Pymetrics and CodeVue are required, and your application will not be considered for further review until you have completed them.
JPMorgan is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.
Questions? Email us at